American Shapewear, also known as the website that sells Rago Shapewear, is one of the top shapewear companies in the U.S., a major competitor to Spanx, Leonisa, and Ann Cherry. Their shapewear has been proven to cut down women’s dress sizes by 2 sizes. They have the latest technology (power circles as they call them) that helps shapewear fit seamlessly with daily outfits and special occasion attire.
Rago Shapewear has been featured on TV and has been positively reviewed by women across the world. The company is over 20 years old, having been founded in 1998. They have had great success, but as they were reaching the early 2000’s they realized they needed to advance their digital marketing efforts. This dilemma brought them to our team at Pure Digital. We helped start Rago’s first search engine marketing efforts and have been working with them for almost 2 years now.
The main challenge for American Shapewear was getting them started. Prior to us they had never been in the paid advertising space on Google or Bing. We started their account from scratch in 2014 with an effort to collect information and propel us forward to making a profit in no time.
Initially, we instated an organized structure in which to bid on campaigns depending on location, product, match type, and a variety of other categories. We tested new ideas and kept optimizing month over month depending what performed best. We ran promotions on Black Friday as well as modified budget depending on the season’s trends.
Here are a few changes we made right out of the gate:
• Launched efforts on the Bing network, since American Shapewear has a major portion of the older demographic.
• Tested on a variety of keywords and optimized based on the data we saw in the first few months.
• Shifted budget from mobile to desktop because their mobile site wasn’t optimized, nor people were converting on it (older audience).
• Re-allocated budget based on region performance. Some states performed much better than the next.
• Broke out shopping campaign by branded and non-branded
• Started investing more into broad match types to capture longer tail keywords.
• Made all converted queries into keywords to gain more control
• Tested and modified ad copy depending on what was happening on other channel’s for the brand.
When we compare Q1 2015 to Q1 2016 we see a HUGE difference. We have been able to grow their account tremendously and have managed to break records almost every month for them, whether it’s number of sales through PPC or Return on Ad Spend. In Q1 2016 American Shapewear generated 78% more revenue from the prior year, and generated 149% more sales (going from 165 sales in Q1 2015 to 411 sales in Q1 2016). We have increase brand awareness on their product and made them a top competitor for Spanx in the PPC market.
• Grew their PPC revenue to an all-time high consistently month over month.
• Grew the number of sales 149% YoY
• Grew Q1 2015 VS Q1 2016 revenue by 78%
We have been able to grow their account tremendously and have managed to break records almost every month for them, whether it’s number of sales through PPC or Return on Ad Spend.
We have increase brand awareness on their product and made them a top competitor for Spanx in the PPC market.
Always growing -